Due to our continued growth, we are looking for an experienced Management Consultant to join our friendly and supportive team at GHA.
GHA is a mid-sized Māori chartered accountancy and management consulting firm operating out of Rotorua and Tauranga servicing clients within the Central North Island rohe and beyond. GHA assists a range of organisations by providing a personalised service based on excellent working relationships. Our clients mainly include Māori trusts, incorporations, treaty settlement entities, small and medium enterprises and non-government organisations. Understanding the needs of our clients and adding value is essential, as their success is our priority.
In addition to accounting, secretarial and share register services, we undertake business consulting. As a member of the consulting team you will have the opportunity to deliver a diverse range of services. For instance, our consultants work with clients to develop strategies, investigate opportunities, review organisational performance, develop management systems, craft policy proposals, evaluate programmes and deliver business advice.
As a management consultant you will have a good understanding of the Māori economy, strong analytical, exemplary written and relationship management skills, and an ability to work across a number of business sectors.
About the role
- Forming trusted work relationships with our clients, team members and other stakeholders
- Providing high quality analysis, advice, information and written documents to meet clients’ needs:
- Meeting with clients to understand their business needs, organisational problems and opportunities;
- Developing quotations and proposals for services that respond to our clients’ needs;
- Completing research and analysis of information that identifies key issues and solutions;
- Using financial modelling and other quantitative methods to analyse business problems and solutions;
- Conducting one-to-one interviews and facilitating group hui with clients and other stakeholders;
- Peer reviewing the written and analytical work of other team members to maintain quality standards.
- Contributing to the design and delivery of core management consulting services GHA offers
- Contributing to the growth and development of the firm
- Developing your knowledge and competency in te ao Māori and te ao whānui
Skills and experience
- Exemplary communications, facilitation and relationship management skills;
- Exemplary problem solving, analytical, business research and report writing skills;
- Either extensive experience in financial modelling skills and other quantitative methods, including advanced spread sheeting or extensive experience in preparing complex reports;
- Interviewing skills for business research, including one-to-one and group interviews;
- Confidence and capability to present complex information to individuals and groups;
- Initiative and teamwork skills, including project management.
- Knowledge of Māori enterprises and the Māori economy;
- Knowledge of entrepreneurial and business development processes;
- Knowledge in one or more of agribusiness, property, tourism, finance, health, education and social services;
- Knowledge of governance and management of commercial and non-commercial organisations;
- Knowledge and ability in te reo and tikanga Māori.
An accounting, business or economics or similar degree is preferred. Post-graduate qualifications are desirable.
Salary is negotiable commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please submit your application as soon as possible and no later than Friday 18th October.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.